Waitrose - Clerkenwell

I was a little too impressed yesterday. I was smiling from ear to ear as took these pictures. Those who were "shopping" and ignoring the beautiful flour arrangement looked puzzled about what i was smiling about. But I admit it I was very impressed.

They just don't understand, but when you look at the pictures, maybe you'll appreciate the effort. I'll let them do the talking.

full length shot

Clerkenwell 1

Yes. you're right. PRETTY IMPRESSIVE. So impressive I took two more pictures of the shelving to see the detail a little better.

Top half

Clerkenwell 1 - top

bottom half

clerkenwell 1 -bottom

What is there to say?

its got variety, not just in types but sizes. It's got cheap flour, expensive flour, it looks like the shelves are full, it's not scruffy.

I think it has a sign of quality. The shelf looks this good and it is mid-afternoon, and not at the end of the day tidy up.

A good arrangement. 9/10

6 comments for “Waitrose - Clerkenwell”

1. Gravatar of OdhranOdhran
    Posted 30 September 2010 at 16:21:32

Top notch stuff from Waitrose in Clerkenwell!! Well done to the profession flour arrangers. Maybe you should award a rosette to those who score highly?

2. Posted 30 September 2010 at 16:50:39

That's a good idea Odhran. I was also thinking of adding most expensive and cheapest flour awards too.

3. Gravatar of G. RainG. Rain
    Posted 04 October 2010 at 12:55:12

Uhm, excuse me? is that yeast on the top shelf?

YEAST IS NOT FLOUR!

Pls have some standards guys!

4. Posted 05 October 2010 at 16:06:03

Hey G. Rain,

Thanks for the passion. but you can't be so prejudiced against the other baking products.

If it was a can of beans, then i'd agree... but flours friendship with yeast goes back to the Ancient Egyptians and the magic of making bread.

For a 10/10 I agree that it should be pure display ... this was good and close... but the holy grail is out there.

Help us find it.

Derek

5. Posted 07 September 2013 at 08:51:08

I was a little too impressed yesterday. I was smiling from ear to ear as took these pictures. Those who were "shopping" and ignoring the beautiful flour arrangement looked puzzled about what i was smiling about. But I admit it I was very impressed.

6. Posted 09 January 2014 at 08:24:18